Join The Liz McMullen Show Discussion Group, share your thoughts about this interview and ask Jody questions!
Call for Submissions
Publisher: The Liz McMullen Show Publications
Selections Editor: Liz McMullen
Deadline: January 31, 2016
Publication: Summer of 2016
Payment: $50 plus two paperback copies, and an eBook
Rights: The Liz McMullen Show Publications requires the right to publish the original story in the above-mentioned anthology, in print, digital and audible forms, exclusively for one year after publication (exceptions made for “year’s best” anthologies) and non-exclusively thereafter. The author retains copyright.
I’m looking for essays and short stories that will make readers bust out laughing. The kind you shouldn’t read next to a sleeping partner or slumbering pet. No need to scare them awake with a bark of laughter or a case of the giggles. And yes folks, grown women get the giggles too.
Subject matter/brand of humor is up to the author: political, current events, situational comedy, dry humor, humor in the every day etc.
• Previously unpublished work only
• LGBT* and allies are welcome to submit to this anthology
• Preferred Length:
• Essays: 2,000 to 4,000 Words
• Short Stories: 3,000 to 4,000 Words
• 12 pt. Times New Roman, double spaced
• Indent for paragraphs
• No spaces between paragraphs
• Poorly formatted/edited submissions will not be accepted
• Submit your stories in .doc or .docx here: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Multiple submissions okay, simultaneous submissions not okay
• No erotica. You may include limited romantic content, but only if it’s necessary for the plot of your story.
• Indicate your name and the name of the piece in both the subject heading of your email and in the word document you are submitting.
• If you are using a pen name, please provide both your pen name and your legal name in your submission.
A portion of the proceeds will be donated to a charity.
Contact Karelia Stetz-Waters: Website, Twitter and Facebook.
Click to buy Forgive Me If I’ve Told You This Before